We have moved to www.ashadevos.com

The material on this site is the copyright of Asha de Vos. Photographs should not be used without the express permission of the photographer. For more information contact whalessrilanka@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Meeting Tony Wu (HOO!)


Serene, Tony, Myself and Julia
Last night, my parents kindly agreed to drive me to Mirissa to meet up with (FINALLY!) Tony Wu. Tony is an incredible underwater photographer who I have been email buddies with for some time. As a result of this, I had the great fortune of using his compelling images of Sri Lankan blue whales in my TED talk, for my talks this morning (see next blog post) and in my upcoming public lecture (tomorrow!). The stories of his many encounters are breath-taking. His ability to share his magic - phenomenal. He believes, as much as I do, that awareness is key. 

Accompanying him were too equally fascinating ladies Serene and Juila (http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=julia+sumerling&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8) who have spent time documenting the whales not only in our waters, but around the world. 

My only complaint? The evening ended far too fast. But, I am ever grateful to my parents (again!) for their undying support and for accommodating my dreams!

For more on Tony's incredible work check out his blog and his photo gallery!
http://www.tonywublog.com/#axzz1r3LbBSYj and http://www.tony-wu.com/

4 comments:

  1. Hi Asha,

    It was so awesome to meet you and your wonderful parents. Hope we'll have a chance to spend more time together soon!

    Cheers,

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY Tony! I look forward to lots of fun work play time together and thank you for your support, encouragement and faith!

      Delete