We have moved to www.ashadevos.com

The material on this site is the copyright of Asha de Vos. Photographs should not be used without the express permission of the photographer. For more information contact whalessrilanka@gmail.com

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Meeting an icon: Sylvia Earle


After many years of reading about and closely following Sylvia Earle's adventures in the ocean realm, I finally got my turn to meet her at a cocktail party held in honour of 'her deepness' and the launch of the Mission Blue website. All a bit surreal but thank you to the TED fellow's team for making it all possible :)


Learn more about her through her Nat Geo page by clicking here: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/explorers/bios/sylvia-earle/

2 comments:

  1. Asha,
    So glad that you finally got to meet Dr. Earle! I have admired your work since I saw my first blue whale in person off San Francisco & began to do some research on these magnificent creatures. Thank you so much for the work that you do.
    Deb Castellana
    Director of Communications for Mission Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb -- thank you so very very much for your lovely message! I am super flattered :) Your work for mission blue is incredibly important too! I was so excited to meet her - even for a few minutes....Everyone needs someone to inspire them! Keep watching this space, hopefully I will have some interesting stories to tell...we are at the moment awaiting some things to fall into place to head out and do two more weeks of exciting field work :) Keep those vibes coming :) Asha.

    ReplyDelete